- What's New
- About BCSF
- SnoScene Newsletter
Insuring Your Snowmobile
Insuring Your Snowmobile:
Buying Snowmobile insurance can be a relatively easy experience if you take the time to check out the available
B.C. residents have few choices for insurance and Capri Insurance has developed an insurance program in partnership with the B.C. Snowmobile Federation to provide their members an affordable option.
Factors that often affect the cost of your insurance are your location, age, experience, driving record, type and cost of the Snowmobile and accessories you own. The Sled Safe Insurance program provides a single low price to all members that qualify.
For a free, no-obligation quote, call the Capri Insurance OffRoad Vehicle department at 1--888-818-5821.
Physical Damage Insurance:
Physical damage insurance is designed to protect the vehicle owner from the financial burden created by the loss (or partial loss) of their snowmobile, ATV or dirt bike.
B.C. Snowmobile Federation Members qualify for a minimum discount of 25% on any Off Road Vehicle Physical Damage policy for their snowmobile, ATV or dirt bike.
Discounts will apply for the following:
- Safe Operators course.
- Ignition Immobilizer.
- Multi Units
- Loyalty discount at renewal
Maximum discount for a B.C. Snowmobile Federation Member is 35%. We can provide Physical Damage coverage direct to B.C. Snowmobilers at very competitive premiums. We offer three coverage options for the snowmobiler.
- Option 1: All Perils.
- Option 2: Comprehensive
- Option 3: Basic Perils.
To apply for the program download a Snowmobile Physical Damage application form and fax the completed form to us at 1.888.822.6115 toll free.
A premium quote may be obtained by calling the Capri Insurance OffRoad Department toll free hotline 1.888.818.5821 or got to the Capri Insurance Quick Quote feature at https://secure.capri.ca/snow/qq2010.asp
The Capri Insurance Off Road Physical Damage policy is structured to provide you with a replacement value by insuring the unit to the actual purchase price plus taxes. In the event of a total loss of your unit you will receive the insured amount shown on the policy for that unit. And the deductible of $500 is forgiven. For example when you insure your new sled for $15, 968.50 and then have a total loss anytime during the policy year you will be paid $15, 968.50 to replace your unit.
Capri Insurance works with you to provide a replacement value for your new unit, they will insure your brand new unit for the actual purchase price including taxes for the first two years that you own it.
All Capri Insurance Off road physical damage polices have as the basis of settlement Agreed value.
As mentioned previously, Agreed Value will be equal to the actual purchase price of your Brand New unit including taxes for the first two years of a policy. In subsequent years the Agreed Value will equal current clean book value plus taxes. Used units first insured under the Sled Safe Physical Damage policy will have an Agreed value of current clean book value plus taxes.
The Standard Features of the Capri Insurance physical damage policy are:
- Policy is written in plain English on a Lloyd’s Of London OFF ROAD RECREATIONAL VEHICLE INSURANCE FORM that was written specifically for Capri Insurance.
- $250.00 for loss of Safety /maintenance kit including cover.
- $1,000.00 loss of miscellaneous personal effects used specifically for riding.
- $2,500.00. loss of a Truck Deck.
- Coverage for use of a temporary substitute unit.
- $500.00 in expenses incurred to transport your unit to a repair facility or to make the unit operational after a loss by an insured peril.
- $1,500.00 for loss of use of the insured unit.
- Business use if the unit is being used for transportation of the registered owner to their place of business; or agricultural, farming and ranching use; or if operated by the registered owner for business purposes.
The Optional Features offered as part of the “Trail Star” Package.
- $1,000 Lock re keying limit, with no deductible.
- $5,000 maximum value of a truck deck.
- $2,000 expenses incurred to transport your unit to a repair facility or to make the unit operational after a loss by an insured peril. No deductible applies
- Travel Protection, cost of additional living expenses while away from home (lodging, meals, transportation and phone calls) incurred due to damage to or theft of your Off Road Recreational Vehicle, subject to a maximum of $1,000.
- Temporary Substitute Vehicle: coverage is extended to a substitute unit provided while you are unable to use your unit while it is under repair, Coverage is temporarily transferred to the rental unit, courtesy unit or borrowed unit.
- Your deductible will be waived if you make a “Not At Fault” collision claim under this policy.
- $1,000 for a trailer used to transport the unit.
Off Road Vehicle Third Party Liability Insurance:
BC Snowmobile Federation members that require third party liability for their snowmobiles may purchase it through the BCSF Club Program which is supplied by Intact Insurance through Capri Insurance Services ltd. The policy covers the insured for up to $1,000,000.00 per occurrence.
The cost of the $1,000,000 limit policy is $70.00. That amount covers the annual premium of $59.00 and an $11.00 administration fee that goes to support the BC Snowmobile Federation.
You benefit from the protection offered by the insurance policy and as a bonus you help fund the delivery of BCSF programs. Don’t be fooled by other products out there. This is the only liability program that puts money directly into provincial services for snowmobilers such as access issues and support for local snowmobile clubs.
Applications (available after October 1st each year for the winter season) are available from your local BCSF snowmobile club, at an approved Sub Broker, online at www.bcsf.org, or from the Capri Insurance Off Road Vehicle website. Go to www.capri.ca/snow and click on the “snowmobile liability / club membership” link which takes you to https://secure.capri.ca/snow/ClubSignup/choose.asp
The BC Snowmobile Third party Liability policy benefits are:
- Legal fees are paid in addition to the policy limit.
- Designed for club members only.
- Coverage is portable; the named insured has coverage while operating a non-owned snowmobile.
- Definition of insured includes all family members resident in the insured’s household
- Available online.
- Exclusive to BCSF members.
- Backed by the largest provider of home, auto and business insurance in Canada.
- Low $500 property damage deductible.
- Quick and efficient claims service through the Capri Insurance Claims Department.
Note: The BC Snowmobile Third party Liability policy does not provide accident benefits to the owner / operator. The policy only provides protection from Third Party Property Damage and Bodily Injury Claims.
Changing market conditions require that our program must constantly evolve to maintain its stability. Please contact Capri Insurance with all of your insurance questions. As the Authorized Insurance Broker for the BC Snowmobile Federation, Capri Insurance is the only authority when it comes to answering Sled Safe insurance related questions. Call them toll free and they will be pleased to answer all your questions.
To apply for the program download an application form and fax the completed form to us at 1.888.822.6115 toll free. A premium quote may also be obtained by calling the toll free hotline 1.888.818.5821 using the online Quick Quote feature.
Replacement value is addressed under this program by offering an Agreed Value of your sled. It is important to note that third party liability is only available as a separate policy and is not part of the Physical Damage policy offered by Capri Insurance
To apply for any of the Of Road vehicle insurance products including Snowmobile, ATV or Dirt Bike polices, or to inquire further please call 1.888.818.5821,email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit one of our Capri offices, (click for locations) Or visit an authorized Sub Broker from the list below:
- Prince George: Porter and McMillan Insurance (3 locations): Downtown 901 Victoria St 250 563 9217, College Heights 150-5212 Domano Blvd. 250 964 4400, Hart Mall 3839 West Austin Rd. 250 962 9217
- Quesnel: Integris Insurance 253 Reid Street, V2J 2M1 ?Ph:250 992 5559
- Vanderhoof: Integris Insurance 186 West Columbia Street, Ph: 250 570 4720
- Cranbrook: East Kootenay Realty Insurance (2 locations)? Toll Free: 866 489 3221. 27 10th Avenue S.? Ph: 250 489 3221 ?or 535 Victoria Ave Ph: 250 426 6321
- Fernie: East Kootenay Realty Insurance 512 – 2nd Ave.,?Ph: 250 423 6851
- Invermere: East Kootenay Realty Insurance 1225 – 7th Ave, Ph: 250 342 8604